Farm Hand - Kealandi
We are excited to invite applications for the permanent position of Farm Hand.
Career opportunity with the lot! Assist the Senior Farm Hand with daily operations of large broad acre cropping aggregation at our Kealandi location near Moree.
In your new role you will:
· Safely operate farm plant, equipment, vehicles and machinery for the cropping programs.
· Keep records of sowing, fertilizer, spraying and machinery maintenance.
· Assist the Farm Management with annual maintenance and capital improvement programs.
· Work independently and as part of a team within Lawson guidelines and policies.
You will have:
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills with good attention to detail, a strong work ethic and ability to follow process.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of farming operations, including record keeping
- Drivers’ licence essential.
- A modern and diligent approach to WH&S.
- A passion for broad acre farming.
- Ideally have experience in broad acre grain cropping production including the operation of all associated plant and machinery including chemical handling.
- Formal qualifications or studying agriculture is desirable but not essential.
We will offer you:
· An opportunity for supported career growth and personal development.
· Employee Wellbeing Program – includes free counselling, annual medical & skin health checks and more.
- Paid overtime during peak periods (seeding and harvest).
- Workplace safety and wellbeing where we ‘walk the talk’.