Lawson Grains is Australia’s leading corporate grain farmer through investments in People, Environments and Best Practice. This has been achieved through a team of passionate people and stakeholders who are engaged in the industry for the long run. We have scale with land holdings in excess of 90,000 hectares across 10 aggregations throughout NSW and Western Australia. We also implement best practice, utilising the latest technology, machinery and innovation.
This newly created role is based at our UAH aggregation located near the township of Forbes in central NSW. Reporting to the Farm Manager this position requires the successful applicant to have practical experience in grain handling/site supervision and the skill set to manage the following responsibilities;
- A modern and positive approach to safety and wellbeing
- Oversee onsite grain handling storage facility including the day-to-day supervision of employees and contractors during peak seasons
- During out loading, scheduling and loading of trucks to meet delivery targets
- Protecting and storing grain in bunkers or permanent silo storage, including building, breaking down and tarping of bunkers and tarp maintenance
- Ensure detailed planning for grain capacity in peak seasons
- Overseeing receival of grain at the weighbridge, grain sampling, monitoring the flow of grain through our systems and accurate data input into systems
- Drivers & HR licence (desirable).
We are looking for someone that is adaptable, can chip in and be hands on when required, energetic, self-motivated and has a positive attitude and the ability to take initiative.
We will offer you:
· An opportunity for supported career growth and personal development
· Paid overtime during peak periods (seeding and harvest).
- Industry leader in Workplace Safety and Wellbeing
- Employee Wellbeing Program – includes free counselling, annual medical & skin health checks and more.
If you have the above skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge or the next step in your career, visit our website https://www.lawsongrains.com/people/current-opportunities/ for more information or to lodge your application.
If you would like further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Nils Jacobson on 0455 039 009.