Junior Farm Hand - Wongan Hills WA
Lawson Grains is Australia’s leading corporate grain farmer through investments in People, Environments and Best Practice. This has been achieved through a team of passionate people and stakeholders who are engaged in the industry for the long run. We have scale with land holdings in excess of 90,000 hectares across 10 aggregations throughout NSW and Western Australia. We also implement best practice, utilising the latest technology, machinery and innovation.
In your new role you will:
· Safely operate farm plant, equipment, vehicles and machinery for the cropping programs.
· Keep records of sowing, fertilizer, spraying and machinery maintenance.
· Assist the Farm Management with annual maintenance and capital improvement programs.
· Work independently and as part of a team within Lawson guidelines and policies.
You will have:
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills with good attention to detail, a strong work ethic and ability to follow process.
· Attention to detail in all aspects of farming operations, including record keeping.
· MC Drivers licence desirable.
· A modern and diligent approach to WH&S.
· A passion for broad acre farming.
· Ideally experience in broad acre grain cropping production including the operation of all plant and machinery.
We will offer you:
· An opportunity for ongoing training, supported career growth and personal development.
· Paid overtime during peak periods (seeding and harvest).
· Workplace safety and wellbeing where we ‘walk the talk’.
· Employee Wellbeing Program – includes free counselling, annual medical & skin health checks and more.